d r a f t
This recipe by Maria Lichty, a blogger at https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/turmeric-roasted-cauliflower/, looks especially good — it’s posted here because I’ve always treated my blogs as a place for “organizing and archiving some of this clutter [on my desk] on the World Wide Web in a forum that doesn’t necessarily require the extensive documentation and endless fine-tuning so often associated with scholarly publication,” as I explained in my first post to my first blog 15 years ago. Call it an electronic filing cabinet, if you will.
Lichty’s blog is called two peas & their pod, and it features a variety of recipes for a family of four. “The recipes you’ll find here,” she says, “are simple, fresh, family friendly, and sometimes a little decadent.”
Excerpt from the cauliflower recipe:
How to Roast Cauliflower
Roasting cauliflower is easy and turns an ordinary vegetable into an addicting vegetable. Yes, vegetables can be addicting. After you try this oven roasted cauliflower, you will know what I am talking about. You will be reaching for a plate of roasted cauliflower instead of a bag of chips or stack of cookies:)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. You want the oven to nice and hot so the cauliflower can roast and get crispy.
- Make sure you cut the cauliflower into florets that are all the same size. You want the florets to be the same size so the cauliflower roasts evenly.
- Flavor the cauliflower with garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Make sure the cauliflower is well coated with olive oil so the cauliflower will get crispy in the oven.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat so the cauliflower doesn’t stick to the pan and for easy clean up.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 25-35 minutes, stirring once. I like to roast my vegetables for a little longer because I like them extra crispy.
Another website here with more recipes … https://www.share-recipes.net/bjs-turmeric-roasted-cauliflower-recipe/.
And a directory on the Herdez website with recipes incorporating their salsa verde and other products: https://www.salsas.com/herdez/recipe/roasted-salsa-verde-chicken-chile/.